Views: 2459 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-09 Origin: Site
Connector is a component that electronic engineering technicians often contact. It can bridge the connection between the blocked circuit or the independent circuit, so that the current can flow through the circuit, so that the circuit can achieve the predetermined function. Connectors have a variety of forms and structures, which are mainly composed of four basic structural components: contacts, shells, insulators and accessories.
In the connector industry, there are many brands of connectors. In so many connector brands, there must be good quality, affordable connectors and there must be some poor quality connectors. So how do we choose the connector?
1. The connectors with good quality must have good electrical conductivity. For low frequency connectors, the insulation resistance and dielectric strength must be high, and the insulation resistance between contacts and contacts is generally required to be greater than 1Ω. The low frequency connector should not produce arc and breakdown at a low pressure of 0.44MPa and a test voltage of 500V. For the high frequency connector, in addition to meeting the above requirements, it is also required that its high frequency dielectric loss is small and the dielectric constant is small.
2. The connectors of good quality must be resistant to high temperature. Generally speaking, when the connector works in an environment below 200℃, it can not be deformed. Only in this way can the connector resist the high temperature when installed or welded.
3. The linear expansivity of high quality connectors must be small, and the dimensional stability of connectors must be high. Because during the use of the connector, the connector will be subjected to various forces, which may cause the connector deformation and affect the performance of the connector.
4. The performance of the connector also depends on its machining accuracy. Only the connectors with high precision can meet the smaller and smaller size of electronic connectors.
5. The connectors good quality should have good corrosion resistance, and their plastic parts should not be corroded or cracked after contact with solvent. If the plastic shell of the connector is corroded, it may cause leakage of the connector, affect the performance of the connector, and even endanger the safety of the operator's life.
6. The connectors with good quality should not produce harmful gases when working. The plastic parts of the connector will be affected in various ways during use, which may produce corrosive gases. These corrosive gases may corrode the coating of the metal parts of the connector, thereby affecting the performance of the connector.
7. If the quality of the connector is good, then the arc resistance of the connector is good. Good arc resistance ensures that the connector is not damaged by arc during installation.
8. Good connectors can prevent fire in the abnormal working conditions such as short circuit. In order to avoid the connector produce toxic gas, it is better to use the material without halogen elements to make the flame retardant layer of the connector.
9. Connectors need to have excellent physical properties, that is, good toughness, high bending strength. This prevents the connector from being deformed by force.