Views:148 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-07-15 Origin:Site
The RF connector is connected with coaxial cables, microstrip lines or other RF transmission lines to realize the electrical connection and separation of transmission lines, or the conversion of different types of transmission lines. It is a mechatronic product. Today we will specifically introduce the RF cable connector.
The name of the RF coaxial connector is composed of the main code and the structure code, and their middle is separated by a short horizontal line. The main code of the RF connector adopts the internationally used main code. The naming of different structural forms of specific products is specified by detailed specifications. The structural form represents the structure of the RF connector.
(1) Impedance: Almost all RF connectors and cables are standardized to 50Ω impedance. The only exception is the 75Ω system, which is commonly used for cable TV installations. It is also an important RF coaxial cable connector with matching characteristic impedance of the cable.
(2) VSWR (Voltage Standing Wave Ratio): In an ideal case, good design and implementation can keep the VSWR below 1.2.
(3) Frequency range: Most RF operations are in the range of 1 to 10 GHz.
(4) Insertion loss: Insertion is usually between 0.1 and 0.3 db.
(5) Operating cycle: The operating cycle is usually 500 or 1000 cycles.
(6) Power: Power processing is determined by two resistance losses (heating) and insulation breakdown.
The actual electrical performance depends on the performance of the cable, the contact of the cable, the geometry of the connector, the contact of the inner conductor, and so on. The maximum frequency of the same axis must be the maximum frequency of use of the weakest component in the transmission line, because it depends on all components. For example, the use frequency of a certain RF connector is 10GHZ, and the frequency of the cable connected to it is 5GHZ, so the maximum use frequency of this component is 5GHZ. The combination of all factors determines the frequency of use of the entire transmission line.
The processing methods of various components determine the mechanical and electrical properties of the RF connector. When considering mechanical properties, we also need to consider the quantity and scale of production. It is important to study the reasons why specific performance is not satisfactory. This analysis helps us avoid the next error. On the other hand, the smaller the RF connector, the more difficult it is to manufacture, the higher the manufacturing cost, the worse the accuracy and the larger the error. In future industrial applications, the demand for small, excellent, and inexpensive electronic components will continue to grow.
(1) Miniaturization: With the miniaturization of the whole system, the volume of RF connectors is getting smaller and smaller, such as SSMB, MMCX and other series. They are very small.
(2) High frequency: HP has launched RF connectors with a frequency of 110GHz long ago. The frequency of domestic common products does not exceed 40GHz, the frequency of flexible cables does not exceed 10GHz, and the frequency of semi-rigid cables does not exceed 20GHz.
(3) Multi-function: In addition to functioning as a bridge, it also has functions for processing signals, such as filtering, phase adjustment, mixing, attenuation, detection, and amplitude limiting.
(4) Low standing wave and low loss: They meet the needs of weapon systems and precision measurement.
(5) Large capacity and high power: They mainly meet the development needs of the information superhighway.
(6) Surface mount: It mainly meets the development needs of SMT technology. And it helps to simplify the wiring structure design of the multilayer printed board.