Views: 1460 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-09-04 Origin: Site
The cable connector is also called the cable head. After the power cable is laid, in order to make it to be a continuous line, the segments must be connected as a whole. These connection points are called cable joints. The cable connector in the middle of the cable line is called the intermediate connector, and the cable connectors at the two ends of the line are called terminal heads.
Its main function is to make the line unobstructed, keep the cable sealed, and ensure the insulation level at the cable joint, so that it runs safely and reliably. If the seal is not good, not only oil leakage will cause the oil-soaked paper to dry up, but also moisture will penetrate the inside of the cable, causing its insulation performance to decline.
According to the installation place, it can be divided into indoor cable connector and outdoor cable connector.
According to the production and installation materials, it can be divided into heat shrinkable type(the most commonly used), dry pack type, epoxy casting type and cold shrinking type.
According to the core material, it can be divided into copper core power cable connector and aluminum core power cable connector.
According to the material of the connector, it is divided into plastic cable connector and metal cable connector. Metal cable connectors are divided into porous metal cable waterproof connectors, anti-bend metal cable connectors, double-locked metal cable waterproof connectors, plastic hose cable connectors, metal hose cable connectors, and so on.
Next we mainly introduce the calculation method of cable connector and wiring terminal.
1) Power cables and control cables are calculated as one cable with two terminal connectors (the starting end and the terminal of a cable power supply circuit are calculated a total of two cable terminals).
2) Calculated according to the number of cable power supply points in the drawing.
3) If the design of the intermediate cable connector is illustrated, it is determined according to the design. If the design is not specified, calculate according to actual conditions.
1) First separate terminal wiring and non-terminal wiring, generally 10MN2 and below are based on non-terminal wiring (when there are special requirements for the exception of wire terminals, in this case, according to the actual terminal count), above 10MM2 welding or crimping copper wire terminals with terminal wiring.
2) The cable terminal connectors of 10MM2 and below are not made according to the requirements of the terminal connectors. For installation, when the wire head is stripped and directly crimped, the cable connector cannot be counted, and the terminal can only be counted.
3) For all distribution boxes, cabinets, panels, and junction boxes, the incoming and outgoing wires of the terminal box are calculated according to the specifications of the wires and the number of wire ends. It is divided into sets without terminals. There are related quotas for terminals or crimped (welded) copper terminals.
4) Welding (crimping) terminal quotas are only applicable to conductors. Crimping terminals have been included in the production and installation quota of cable terminals, and must not be doubled.