Views: 5795 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-10-27 Origin: Site
If the terminal is not crimped to the cable properly, this will reduce the reliability of the terminal. Some terminal crimp standards can simply avoid these problems.
How to ensure that the terminals are well crimped? The following points should be noted.
1. When selecting the electrical wire, please check whether the size of the wire is within the applicable range mentioned in the terminal specifications.
2. Please check whether the outer diameter of the wire is within the applicable range mentioned in the terminal specification.
3. Make sure that the crimping tool used for production is suitable for the terminal.
4. Make sure that crimping tools used in production are properly maintained regularly.
5. Please check whether the wire peeling length is appropriate.
6. Make sure the thread core is not damaged during the peeling process.
7. After crimping, please check if the wire core is inside the metal wire part.
8. Ensure proper installation of feeder and all safety equipment.
9. Make sure the terminal crimp height is adjusted to a specific range.
10. Please check whether the insulation part has been adjusted to produce a normal shape without damaging the wire insulator and core.
11. Make sure that the terminals that have been crimped have proper taper hole.
12. Please check that the crimped terminal has the proper cut-off length in front of the terminal and the end of the terminal.
13. After crimping, please check whether there are too much tip on the metal wire.
14. After crimping, make sure that the buckle plate is not damaged
15. After crimping, please make sure that the connecting part of the terminal will not be deformed.
16. After crimping, please check that there is no excessive bending of the terminal.
17. After crimping, please check that the terminal will not be excessively twisted.
18. Make sure the wire is crimped in place.
The following points should be noted when checking the crimp cross section.
1. Insulation Part
(1) After the insulation part is crimped, the left and right sides shall be equal.
(2) The insulating part can be formed to effectively grasp the wire insulator.
(3) The insulation part does not tear the insulation of the wire or damage the core.
(4) The insulation part of the wire insulator will not be exposed.
2. Metal Wire Part
(1) After the metal wire is crimped, the left and right sides shall be equal.
(2) The metal wire part should be closed tightly and the wire core will not be exposed in this place.
(3) There will be no cracks in the metal wire part.
(4) There will not be too much tip on the metal wire part.
(5) The two sides of the metal wire part do not touch the bottom of the terminal.
The best wire position is 0.5-1.0mm above the wire core. And the wire insulator should be in the middle of the wire and insulation part. The important point is that the wire stripping length is correct, then the wire position can be ensured.
The above are the key considerations for terminal crimping. Terminals, as important connection components of the wiring harness, often become an important issue affecting the quality of the whole machine.