Views: 2445 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-06-05 Origin: Site
THE APPLICATION OF CONNECTORS IN COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Any network needs connectivity in order to combine a single device into a network system. In today's networks, interconnected devices also called connectors, play an important role. First of all, it can electrically connect individual devices to form a larger network system. On the other hand, standardized interconnections are now used to enable equipment made by different companies to work together to build a network in a block to meet the needs of businesses or communities.
Therefore, in the wired communication system, the connector mainly has three aspects of function. Firstly, the connector enables electrical connection between a circuit board and a single electrical component within a single device. Secondly, if standardized interconnections are used, devices made by different companies can be connected and work together to build a network in a block to meet the needs of businesses or communities. Thirdly, the connector is designed to achieve reliable functions to withstand the known working environment and the intensity of work during the service period of the equipment. According to the requirements of the wired communication system for the connector, the following aspects should be considered when designing:
1. Gold-plated contact interface can achieve higher wear resistance and good electrical characteristics.
2. Contact interface should ensure high reliability.
3.Air tight connection or PCB welding can be considered.
4. The external features of the shell should be easy to guide when inserted.
5. Use different pin heights to ensure the order of signal and ground connection.
6. High-power power supplies should use special terminals, which should be different from the signal contact terminals.
7. The connector should ensure EMI characteristics and chassis grounding.
In addition, the application of connectors in wireless communication systems is more complicated. The internal interconnection of base stations in typical wireless communication systems requires a variety of electronic connectors, such as RF connectors, power connectors, backplane connectors, input or output connectors and printed circuit board connectors. The types of power connectors used in wireless communication systems also include integrated backplane power systems, daughter board stacking connectors, signal bus-to-board connectors, board-to-board power connectors, and power to cable or cable connector, swap board connector, power connector for microprocessor and connector for power input. Whether the connector is in a wired communication system or a wireless communication system, ensuring the integrity of signal transmission is its primary mission. Therefore, the connector needs to consider the following tips when designing signal integrity:
1. Continuity of impedance with the entire interconnected transmission line.
2. Crosstalk between the pins of the connector.
3. There are timing requirements, the delay on the connector must be considered.
With the rise of mobile communication equipment and the improvement of the national communication network, the application of connectors in communication systems is becoming more and more widespread. On the other hand, the connector performance requirements have been gradually improved. The widespread use of high-performance and high-reliability communication connectors may become the driving force of the communication industry.